We are really pleased to be working with Rebekah Bainbridge and international artist Kate Egglestone-Wirtz on an access project for young, local artists this summer. Rebekah explains more:
“We have decided on the week commencing 22nd August for 5 days across which participants will take part in various workshops and develop their ideas for works to be displayed via the projectors around the museum.
I have secured funding from Nelson’s Spirit to cover travel costs for participants. We are looking at an age range for participants of 15-19, which includes years 10-13 in school/college.
A rough overview of the week is:
- Monday – Welcome and tour / Workshop with Kate
- Tuesday – Research workshop with Helen / Researching areas of interest
- Wednesday – Developing and experimenting with ideas
- Thursday – Developing and experimenting with ideas
- Friday – Presentations of ideas / Action plan for event”
Get in touch if you would like to take part.